Nelson Community Services (NCS) is seeking a qualified and suitable candidate to fill a permanent .80 FTE position of Homelessness Prevention Worker. The worker will provide direct services to four priority populations who are Absolute, Hidden, or At-Risk of homelessness in Nelson. You will work as part of the NCS Outreach Services Team. To see the full job description click here.
· provide front-line, direct service to the one or more of the four priority populations including, but not limited to, referrals to housing and other appropriate community-based support services, accompaniment to appointments, follow-up support, and case coordination
· liaise with potential referring organizations
· provide life skills training, as appropriate, to help maintain housing
· provide education and support to landlords on housing at-risk individuals
· compile and enter data into BC Housing’s HSS database and NCS’s reports
· administer the rental supplements portion of program for qualifying individuals
· minimum diploma in Human Services or related field and minimum of two years’ experience working with at-risk populations, or the equivalent combination of education and experience
· proven skills/experience working with individuals who are homeless or at-risk of homelessness
· excellent working knowledge of community resources in Nelson
· have access to a reliable vehicle
This permanent position (28 hrs/week) .80 FTE begins as soon as possible. Continued Union membership with BCGEU is required. The wage is consistent with JJEP Wage Grid 12 Integrated PC2/Adult, Youth and/or Child Worker [$28.32 – $32.51 per hour] of the Collective Agreement. There are no gender restrictions for this position. Orientation and training, including the database, will be provided.
Please submit letter of interest and resume by email no later than noon on, February 14, 2024
Joyce Dahms-Whiffen, Program Director
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org