Nelson Community Services is seeking a temporary part-time (21 hours per week) Women’s Outreach Worker. The incumbent in this position provides outreach services to adult women who have experienced, or are at-risk of, violence, abuse, or threats, and their dependent children. Program services are delivered within a feminist framework and place priority on the safety of women.
Duties and Responsibilities:
See full job description click here
Diploma in human service field or the equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
Minimum of two (2) years’ recent related experience in supporting women who have experienced violence, abuse, and/or threats.
Additional Skills and Requirements
See full job description attached.
- This temporary position with a possibility of extension and increase in hours.
- The position receives an additional 10.2% in lieu of benefits.
- The position requires continued Union membership with BCGEU.
- The wage is consistent with Wage Grid 12 [$24.48 to $28.52] of the Collective Agreement.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours to meet program needs
- Must hold a valid First Aid certificate.
- Must hold a valid BC Class V Driver’s License and have access to a reliable, safe, well-maintained clean vehicle with appropriate insurance.
- Must carry cell phone, programmed with emergency numbers, when working out of program space.
Please submit letter of application and resume no later than at 4 pm on Wednesday, April 19, 2023 to:
Anna Maskerine, Executive Director
via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org