March 25, 2020
We are here for you during COVID-19
Nelson Community Services (NCS) is here to provide emotional support and counselling to Nelson and area residents. We recognize that this pandemic uncertainty may be very difficult for some of you, and we want you to know we are here to support you. We are all in this together!
Our counsellors and support workers are all working remotely so that we can minimize the spread of the COVID-19 virus. Our physical offices are closed; however, staff are able to provide information and support services over the phone, by email, or by video conferencing and are happy to arrange all that with you.
Our staff are prepared to adapt their service delivery to meet a wide range of emerging community and individual needs. Don’t hesitate to contact us. We will do what we can to help you get the services and supports you need.
If you are in need of support, information on COVID-19, or how to access (free) services, please give us a call at 250-352-3504. You can also send us a self-referral by submitting the form found on our website https://www.servicesfyi.ca/referral-form/
Please Note: If you are in crisis and in need of immediate assistance, please call the Regional Crisis Line at 1-888-353-2273 or 911
Here’s an overview and status of our Program and Services at NCS:
- Aimee Beaulieu Transition House – staff remain available to respond to calls 24/7 (250-354-4357)
- Women’s Outreach & Counselling Programs – open to new referrals; maintaining client contact + support
- Family Support/Counselling/Parenting Programs – open to new referrals; maintaining client contact + support
- Child & Youth Counselling Programs – open to new referrals; maintaining client contact + support
- Cicada Place – remains open to those who live there; no new intakes; for inquiries (250-352-3504 x 200)
- Youth Outreach Program – maintaining client contact and support
- Homelessness Prevention Program – maintaining client contact and support
- Street Outreach Program – maintaining client contact and support
- Pre-Employment Group Programs/Women’s Healing Journey – postponed till further notice
Please contribute to reducing the spread of the COVID-19 virus by remaining at home, if you can. We look forward to hearing from you.