We’re still here for you during the COVID-19 Pandemic. Some in-Person counselling and support options begin June 15th.
Like all other social service organizations, Nelson Community Services (NCS) is watching and listening closely to the changes in the pandemic situation in our province and our community.
We want you to know that NCS continues to be here to support you through this current phase, and on into the future, no matter what it may bring.
We want to be sure that you, our clients, are safe while at the same time making sure that our staff remain safe.
We invite you to speak with your counsellor or support worker about the option to receive in-person services from NCS. This could be in our physical offices or out-of- doors. Our staff will outline the safety protocols that are in place to make sure such sessions happen safely and that all the provincial safety measures related to COVID-19 are followed.
In the meantime, we will continue to offer virtual services as we have been doing since mid-March, even as we move slowly toward more in-person services.
Our COVID-19 Brief Counselling Service (1 – 3 sessions) remains available to any adults in the community who are having difficulties managing in this current pandemic situation. Please don’t hesitate to give us a call.
And, of course, we remain open to new referrals to all of our programs. Please give us a call at 250-352-3504, or you can send us a self-referral by submitting the form found here on our website https://www.servicesfyi.ca/referral-form/. Your call or self-referral will be responded to within 3 working days. We look forward to hearing from you.
Please Note: If you are in crisis and in need of immediate assistance, please call the Regional Crisis Line at 1-888-353-2273 or 911.
NCS Programs & Services Status Overview:
- Aimee Beaulieu Transition House – staff remain available to respond to calls 24/7 (250-354-4357)
- Women’s Outreach & Counselling Programs – open to new referrals; maintaining client contact + support
- Family Support/Counselling/Parenting Programs – open to new referrals; maintaining client contact + support
- Child & Youth Counselling Programs – open to new referrals; maintaining client contact + support
- Cicada Place – remains open to those who live there; no new intakes; for inquiries (250-352-3504 x 200)
- Youth Outreach Program – maintaining client contact and support
- Homelessness Prevention Program – maintaining client contact and support
- Street Outreach Program – maintaining client contact and support
- Pre-Employment Group Programs/parenting groups/Women’s Healing Journey– postponed till further notice