Nelson Community Services is here to provide emotional support and counselling to Nelson and area residents. We recognize that this pandemic uncertainty is difficult for many and may be causing confusion, stress, and anxiety. You may be worried about managing financially or feeling the stress of having the children at home. We know that isolation can be scary if home isn’t a safe place for you.
We want you to know we are here to support you. We are all in this together.
Our counsellors and support workers are all working remotely so that we can minimize the spread of the COVID-19 virus. Our physical offices are closed; however, staff are maintaining contact with existing clients and are able to respond to new referrals/callers over the phone, by email, or by video conferencing. They are happy to arrange whichever means of support works for you.
COVID-19 Community Support Response:
Our new COVID-19 Community Support Response service is available to offer 1 to 3 sessions of brief counselling support, important information on accessing needed services, and referrals. If you think this is something you could benefit from at this time, please give us a call at 250-352-3504. You can also send us a self-referral by submitting the form found on our website https://www.servicesfyi.ca/referral-form/. Your call or self-referral will be responded to within 3 working days.
Please Note: If you are in crisis and in need of immediate assistance, please call the Regional Crisis Line at 1-888-353-2273 or 911.
NCS Programs & Services Status Overview:
- Aimee Beaulieu Transition House – staff remain available to respond to calls 24/7 (250-354-4357)
- Women’s Outreach & Counselling Programs – open to new referrals; maintaining client contact + support
- Family Support/Counselling/Parenting Programs – open to new referrals; maintaining client contact + support
- Child & Youth Counselling Programs – open to new referrals; maintaining client contact + support
- Cicada Place – remains open to those who live there; no new intakes; for inquiries (250-352-3504 x 200)
- Youth Outreach Program – maintaining client contact and support
- Homelessness Prevention Program – maintaining client contact and support
- Street Outreach Program – maintaining client contact and support
- Pre-Employment Group Programs/parenting groups/Women’s HealingJourney – postponed till further notice
Please contribute to reducing the spread of the COVID-19 virus by remaining at home, if you can. We look forward to hearing from you.