Nelson Community Services is seeking a live in caretaker (individual, couple, or small family) for Cicada Place, Youth Housing and Support for vulnerable Youth.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform general building maintenance and corrective interior and exterior minor repairs.
- Maintain the safety and security of the building and property.
- Provide custodial services for offices and maintain order, cleanliness, and appearance of common areas.
- Carry out procedures related to fire safety and testing.
- Conduct monthly site inspections of building and of apartment units at least once annually.
- Prepare vacant units for occupancy.
- Maintain a physical presence on nights, weekends, and holidays. Respond to resident inquires, requests, and problems when on duty. Deal with emergencies and provide onsite security. Enforce program rules related to safety/security consistent with Cicada Place policies and procedures and residential regulations.
- Provide grounds keeping and maintenance of parking area, including snow and ice removal. Sweep and maintain all sidewalks.
- Dispose of all recycling and refuse in an approved and environmentally safe manner.
- Act as an independent Contractor.
- Building maintenance/custodial experience
- Ability to troubleshoot situations and determine solutions.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven organizational skills.
- Experience working with vulnerable youth an asset.
- A clear criminal records check required as is a valid BC Drivers’s License and reliable vehicle.
- Must provide his/her own hand tools required for the performance of duties.
- Compensation for the Live In Caretaker Position includes a two-bedroom apartment at Cicada Place. In addition, a Contract fee is paid in the amount of $477.00 on the 15th and 30th day of every month.
Please submit Letter of Interest and a current Resume to:
Joyce Dahms- Whiffen, Program Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closes: Thursday, November 30th at noon.