YOUTH OUTREACH PROGRAM
We understand that not all youth receive the necessary support and modelling needed in order to make a healthy transition into adulthood. We are here to help youth with this transition process so that they can develop the necessary foundations for living fulfilling and productive lives as adults.
In the Youth Outreach Program, we assist local youth, aged 13 -19, with making positive life changes and strengthening their connections with the community, school, family, and friends. This happens by:
• offering safe, confidential services, including re-integration/connection to educational institutions,
• supportive counselling and crisis intervention,
• information and strategies for decision-making, harm reduction,
• short and long-term shelter,
• the provision of food and personal items that help youth meet their basic needs,
• referrals to other services and,
• when needed, a physical presence/support to help facilitate and encourage youth to access important community resources.
Our approach is welcoming, flexible, and non-judgmental and reflects each youth’s personal growth, strengths, and individual lifestyle.
This program is funded by School District # 8 and the Ministry of Children & Family Development.
Rick has been with NCS since 2016. Registered Professional Counselor (RPC) and Life Skills Coach.